By Joy Feldman
It is entirely possible to eat like a king without emptying your wallet. Some experts say it is virtually impossible to eat healthy on a tight budget. I disagree. Today there are many options for those who need to watch their pocket books and would like to improve their health. Below are some great choices that provide you with quality foods while watching your wallet.
1. Buy in bulk from discount warehouses. Purchase large bags of brown rice and beans for far less than you would spend on preservative rich processed foods.
2. Run some frozen fruits through a juicer or blender if you find yourself craving sweet foods and add in some fresh cream/whole
milk. You can freeze this treat in ice cube trays with a popsicle stick and share it with your children as a great dessert.
3. Eat soups, stews, casseroles, and crock pot meals to stretch your dollar further.
4. Buy bags of onions, they are cheaper when purchased by the bag.
5. Load up on all types of delicious frozen veggies.
6. Eggs are a great source of protein and are very inexpensive.
7. Avoid purchasing prepared foods. These can be pricey and often filled with chemicals and preservatives detrimental to your health.
Here’s to your health!